Department of Public Works
Building Department/Code Enforcement
Report an Issue
A sewer inspection is required for the sale of a house in the Village of Lancaster. Please call (716)683-1028. extension 301 to schedule a sewer inspection.
Snow Plow Permits
Permit forms MUST be delivered IN PERSON to the Department of Public Works Building at 5200 Broadway to receive the permit.
Curb Cut Permits
Leaf Pick Up
Please rake leaves to the curb or street edge if there is no curb, not into the street. This blocks the storm drains and causes flooding.
The Lake Erie Watershed Protection Alliance is requesting that yard waste be kept out of our waterways and composted to aid in keeping our lakes and waterways clean.
Banner and Sign Reservations
Sidewalk Snow Plow Map
Brush that is left behind by private contractors will not be picked up by the village, and is the responsibility of the contractor and/or the property owner.
Tree Trimming & Removal
Curb Cut Application
All curb cuts made within the Village of Lancaster shall require approval by the Superintendent of Public Works or Designee. Forms and information provided for this purpose may be obtained from The Public Works Office, 5200 Broadway, Lancaster, NY 140806, Monday thru Friday between the hours of 7:30 AM and 3:30 PM.
- Curb cuts shall not be made by any means other than a concrete saw capable of making horizontal cuts parallel to the pavement leaving an exposed curb face of 1-1/2″ maximum above the pavement at the gutter line. The conractor/company sha;; have experience in the use of this equipment.
- All costs associated with making a curb cut shall be borne by the party requesting same. inclusive but not limited to the removal of all resulting concrete owner/contractor.
- Before any works is started the contractor or his/her agent shall return the forms provided to thte Department of Public Works for approval with the following information.
- Street and house number.
- Location of cut.
- Length of cut.
- Proof of liability and compensation insurance.
- Any curb cut approval shall meet the criteria established by the standard detail drawing copy below and the Village Ordinance relating to no parking infront of yards found in Article V -off street parking regulations 152-18 of the Village Code.
- The department of Public Works shall notify the applicant with approval or denial within 7 days after the receipt of the application. If approved the contractor shall notify the Dept. of Public works (24) twent-four hours in advance of starting work and shall schedule an inspection at the completion of same.
Complete the Application
Snow Plow Permit
Pursuant to Village Ordinance, Chapter 279, Section 2, No person, firm or corporation shall plow or cause or allow the same to be plowed by the use of any vehicle within the Village of Lancaster unless a permit is issued by the Superintendent of the Department of Public Works of the Village of Lancaster, and such permit must be prominently displayed by affixing to the vehicle so it is visible from the exterior.
Pursuant to Village Ordinance, Chapter 279, Section 5, it is unlawful to plow, shovel, sweep or pile snow, ice or other materials in or beyond the right-of-way of any street or public highway.
*****DO NOT PLOW SNOW ONTO SIDEWALKS AND/OR BLOCK FIRE HYDRANTS*******
Attach as Schedule A and initial and date at the bottom of each page thereof a list of addresses for which you will be providing snow removal services during the duration of this permit. Not later than 5 business days following each instance during the duration of this permit whereupon addresses are to be added or deleted, Schedule A must periodically be supplemented, initialed, dated and provided to the office of the Superintendent of the Department of Public Works.
To the fullest extent permitted by law the applicant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Village of Lancaster from all claims for bodily injury and property damage that may arise from the performance of the services subject to this permit.